Join in on Instagram!

Share your version of these recipes on Instagram by using the hashtag #EasyPeasyStudentCooking!

University: to drink or not to drink

Some might say this photo appraises University lifestyle: a whole array of cans, bottles and  absolutely anything we might find in our cupboards all piled up after a weekend of drinking, fun and one hell of a hangover. And, after the celebrations of the Diamond Jubilee weekend, this is what we were faced with. How did it make us feel? Perhaps slightly surprised, ill, impressed, or a combination of all three.

I came to the conclusion that drinking is a part of University, whether we like it or not. So, being someone conscious of keeping fit and active, I decided to change a different habit: food. An air of paranoia crept in on me in Freshers week, where I ate so healthily I even surprised myself. The thought of gaining weight through alcohol is inevitable, but through food? This can be changed, I thought. Of course I gave into the odd takeaway, Indian, Dominoes, Kebabs, and then spent the next hungover day surviving off chicken dippers and other awful substances. 

But since then I have make a conscious effort to eat better, wading through recipe books and online databases, making life easier for someone who doesn't have the time to do that and settles for McDonalds or KFC just out of sheer laziness. Well, your body needs YOU! And hopefully you can draw inspiration from this blog and apply yourself in a healthy and productive way whilst studying (or drinking?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...